Invisalign® is the clear way to straighten teeth without braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing; and you can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth; and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
Many of our patients had never considered traditional braces but are now happily and comfortably improving their smiles with Invisalign.
WHAT IS INVISALIGN®?
- Invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Series of clear, removable, custom-made Aligners.
- Uses no metal wires or brackets.
- Custom-made for comfort.
HOW DOES INVISALIGN® WORK?
- Wear each set of Aligners for about two weeks.
- Remove only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week.
- Visit us every 8-10 weeks.
- Total treatment time averages 6-15 months.
- Average number of Aligners is between 18 and 30.
Invisalign® Daily Maintenance
To our patients: Invisalign® orthodontic appliances are a great alternative to traditional braces when straighter teeth are desired. The progression of your treatment will be closely monitored by your dentist every 4-6 months during the course of treatment. However, treatment success and efficiency is largely dependent upon the daily maintenance of Invisalign® treatment by the patient at home. More specifically, your aligners should seat completely on the teeth so that there is no space between the edge of the aligner and the teeth, and so that the edge of the aligner is flush with the gumline along the teeth. The following pictures illustrate correct and incorrect fit of aligners.